Tuesday 28 September 2010

Unit 1.1: Terminator Salvation Review


Terminator Salvation Film Review

When I went to see this film, at first I did not know what to expect. Although Arnold Schwarzenegger has been replaced by another actor, I knew that Christian Bale is usually reliable in his choice of films, so I decided to go along with it…

For starters, if you aren’t keen on special effects, almost non- stop violence and a quite basic plot, turn away now. This is most definitely not the film for you. Although I did enjoy the action bits, they became rather tiresome, and I felt as if I longed for something of a bit more complex plot towards the end of the film.

That said, the acting is quite good. As usual, Christian Bale plays a solemn, dead serious character, and the terminator quite similar. I wouldn’t say that, although the film is set in a dark, depressing environment, it is a particularly depressing film. The action is fast paced and in actual fact, keeps the film alive even if it is sometimes too often.

Overall, a sturdy film with good acting and loads of action, but a bit of a failure when it comes to a complex plot. Only really for a certain type of audience: male!

7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment