Tuesday 28 September 2010

Unit 1.1: Classical Concert Review

I haven't posted anything for a while, but that's because nothing particularly interesting has happened recently (except a concert I've been to, see below). I usually watch a film a week, but have been rather busy these last few weeks, and just watched TV instead.

The concert was very entertaining, with a rather small orchestra led by an energetic, enthusiastic Russian conductor. I went with my mum and uncle, and as you have already guessed, this wasn't a rock concert, but instead a thoroughly memorising and equally as brilliant classical concert. The highlight of the show was a brief, but nether the less impressive solo by famous trumpeter Alison Balsom. To my amazement, she wandered onto stage without any music whatsoever and proceeded to play the piece from memory!

I also play trumpet and am currently working at grade four, but have still got some work to do before I'm as good as her!

Patrick Johnson 11S1

No comments:

Post a Comment