Friday 29 October 2010

Part 1.4: Main Banner Design Ideas



I have changed the colour of the map to blue on Corel Draw, which makes it blend in more with the Lowry and Imperial War Museum sections, and made the "North West Scene" title more colourful with a range of different fonts, in order to make it more appealing to children. Furthermore, I have changed the colour of the white borders surrounding the three sections to yellow, which makes the banner stand out more and present a greater visual impression.


I have added extra pictures across the banner in order to separate each section, and make the middle section look more engaging. I have added Ben Wood's map, plus text which I have written myself in the centre, and this helps provide an introduction to the best parts of the North West in general. However, I feel that the areas of white do look rather dull and plain, and I have been advised by Mr Bigland to experiment with different colours in the background to make the banner look more appealing, especially to children.


I have changed the pictures and shortened the text regarding the Lowry and The Imperial War Museum parts of the banner. I have also changed the layout with the Imperial War Museum at the top, the map and introduction in the centre, and the Lowry at the bottom. The text on both designs are now easier to read, and the sections are laid out better, with the text and outside photos depicting the architecture and design of the buildings , plus side photos depicting the inside attractions of them both.


After I had finished putting the text for the Lowry and Imperial War Museum into my own words, and added them to background pictures I had taken, I placed them onto the banner inside the border, and decided to split the banner up into three sections, with the map and introduction at the top, Imperial War Museum in the middle and the Lowry at the bottom.



I decided to create a border to go around the outside of my banner, consisting of images from the internet which are places of interest and attractions in the North West area. This took roughly about two hours to complete, as I had to first find and research the greatest and most eye catching places to visit in the area, and then select the best images of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment