Friday 29 October 2010

Unit 1.4: Banner- Imperial War Museum Ideas



I have chosen a different photo which fits with my banner design plans more easily, and have cut down and enlarged the text so that it is easier to read from a distance.


My second step involved choosing a photo of the Imperial War Museum North which I had taken myself, and placing the text against a sky background, making it easier to read. This worked quite well, as the sky in the photo covers almost half of the picture. Unfortunately though, this design was portrait, making it cumbersome and different to the Lowry design, plus the part I had designated for the text was rather narrow, which meant that the text could not be made any larger or easy to read from a distance.



This was my original idea for the layout of the Imperial War Museum part of the banner, with the text on the right on a pure white background, and the pictures (sampled from the internet) on the left. However, as with the first Lowry design, the white background made the text look dull and rather empty, so I decided to use the same idea of placing the text in the sky that I had incorporated in that design (see second above picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment