Sunday 31 October 2010

Unit 1.2: Diploma CV

JOB APPLICATION
FOR THE POST OF RUNNER AT GRANADA STUDIOS IN MANCHESTER

CURRICULUM VITAE
Patrick Johnson
16 Stonesteads Way
Bromley Cross
Bolton
Lancashire
BL79LD

01204 591462

Date of Birth: 16th March 1985


Personal / Profile Career Aim

I am a hard working dependable school leaver with excellent communication skills. I am a good listener, can express myself clearly, have a friendly polite manner with a positive attitude. I possess the ability to spell correctly, and have excellent reading and writing skills.
I learn from others, avoid conflict, can identify problems, reach decisions and look at solutions. I possess a good memory, have patience, imagination and initiative.
I am used to working in a team, getting on well with people and showing confidence and perseverance. I am also able to accept criticism and identify my own weaknesses. I show enthusiasm and loyalty, am willing to learn and am good at setting targets.
My career aim is to combine these skills, together with my passion for making and editing my own home made films, and would appreciate a position, in which I can hopefully observe and maybe even, after a few years fulfil my dream job as a film/ TV editor.


Key Skills/Achievements

· School Prefect
· Have a good knowledge of information technology and am able to use fax machines, photocopiers, telecommunications equipment and computers/PC’s.
· Music Award for Attainment trophy.
· Trumpet Grade 5.
· Produced a trilogy of films based on surrealism, dreams and reality.
· Have a keen interest in performing arts and media
· Have been recognised as ‘Gifted and Talented in Drama’.
· Have performed major parts in my schools productions of ‘Alice in Wonderland’ ‘The Wizard of Oz’ and ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’.
· Composed the entire sound track for ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ using computer software and actual instruments.
· Played the ‘Last Post’ in school for Armistice Day.
· Worked on a school project with the Director of ‘The Bill’, well known actors and sound and lighting experts.
· Awarded money under the City Gates Challenge Initiative to purchase a camcorder to further my studies.
· Created and helped present the school’s slideshow and soundtrack to help the UNICEF Haiti Earthquake Children’s Appeal which raised over £700.
· VOL member on school’s council.
· Chosen to represent the school in a television broadcast of the work of UNICEF.


Education

September 2006/June 2010 Turton High School and Media Arts College

GCSE Mathematics Grade A
English Grade A
Science Grade A
History Grade B
Religious Education Grade A
German Grade B

Diploma Creative and Media Studies Level 2


Work Experience

My two-week work experience at Canon Slade school involved assisting both the technicians and staff in the drama department. This provided me with a unique insight into what’s involved in the preparation and implementation of lessons. I enjoyed this immensely, especially helping out at the ‘Symphony of Dance 2010’ evening performed at the Albert Halls in Bolton.


Hobbies/Interests

· Swimming (certificate for swimming 2 miles)
· Listening to a wide range of music
· Creating my own films, including writing scripts, organising actors, filming, editing and composing the music.
· Watching a wide variety of films
· Playing the trumpet in all three school bands.
· Going to the theatre and watching musicals.
· Helping to look after my ninety year old grandmother who has dementia.


References

Available on request.


PATRICK JOHNSON

No comments:

Post a Comment